The Service Desk Analyst provides support for basic incident resolution and requests reported to the department service desk. Responsibilities include initial assessment, triage, research, and resolution of basic incidents and requests regarding the use of application software products and/or infrastructure components. The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for collecting information through a customer conversation, accessing support tools, and additional support staff (service resources) if needed. Problems beyond the scope of their ability or responsibility are resolved by engaging in a timely manner other service resources from various stakeholders.
- Addresses and resolves basic incidents and requests; logs all incidents and requests; engages other appropriate service resources to resolve incidents that are beyond the scope of the ability of the role.
- Uses the appropriate categories for logging incidents and requests.
- Creates a positive customer support experience and builds strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a consummately professional attitude.
- Ensures the end-to-end user experience and provides a single point-of-contact for the user.
- Analyzes and resolves incidents and requests regarding use of application software or hardware. Logs and tracks incidents and requests from identification through resolution. Follows up with other support staff involved in resolution to ensure incidents are resolved, requests are filled, and the customer communication is complete. Documents resolutions and updates self-help and staff knowledge bases.
- Grows general knowledge of current corporate department-specific products, increasing ability to resolve requests on first contact.
- Adheres to and supports ICT standards, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of staff information.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission and Value statements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provisions, maintains, and removes security privileges for users of PAL systems.
- Participates in development/review of department security processes/procedures under supervision of Service Desk Management.
- Works with members of the ICT teams and other workgroups within on projects and initiatives as needed.